An article offering useful advice about things to do in Buenos Aires. What are the best districts to visit?
My advice on the top 10 things to do in Buenos Aires, Argentina:
1. Spend some time exploring the local markets, especially that in the antiques district og San Telmo. Most of the best markets take place on the weekends - they can be found all over the city.
2. Visit the beautiful though edgy La Boca district - well known for it’s colourful buildings and tango shows.
3. In the evening head to Puerto Madero, the old docklands area, for a range of fine restaurants.
4. Go bar crawling in Palermo, Buenos Aires’s trendiest district. Experiencing Buenos Aires’ nightlife is one of the best things to do in the city - and Palermo is the ideal place to do so.
5. Go shopping and experience the heart of Buenos Aires in El Centro.
6. Explore the upmarket districts of Retiro and Recoleta to admire the grand buildings and architecture.
7. Get out of town and take a scenic boat trip to the Tigre Islands.
8. Head farther afield and hop on a super fast Catarman to Uruguay - both the cosmopolitan capital Montevideo and the colonial town Colonia are within day trip distance.
9. Without doubt, one of the best things to do in Buenos Aires is to eat fine steak, and drink fine wine. There’s many great restaurants available.
10.Visit an estancia - there’s many within a couple of hours travel from Buenos Aires. Stay a couple of nights if you have time.
You can book many of these tours, as well as tango show tickets and tourist packages online at a remarkbaly reasonable price by following this link.